Model 8B6 Piezoelectric Accelerometer
- Very stable sensitivity
- Use as reference accelerometer
- Temp. range -300º F to +500º F
- Low base and case strain sensitivity
- Flat charge sensitivity vs frequency
- Flat charge sensitivity vs temperature
- Mounted resonant frequency 30 kHz
- Used as lab and working standard accelerometer with APEX SL-C Transducer Calibration System
The Model 8B6 accelerometer features a flat charge vs. frequency response as well as minimum charge sensitivity variation over a wide range of temperatures. The accelerometer design is a single-ended compression type with a double base construction to minimize base strain sensitivity. The Bismuth Titanate (PZ46) ceramic provides excellent sensitivity stability as well as flat temperature response.
- Charge sensitivity: 8.6 pC/g, ±30% (0.88 pC/m/s2)
- Accelerometer capacitance: 1,500 pF typical at 160 Hz.
- Mounted resonant frequency: 30,000 Hz. typical
- Transverse sensitivity: 3% max at 160 Hz. in any direction, 1% typical
- Accelerometer resistance: 20 megaohms min at 75º F, 500 megaohms min at 500º F
- Frequency Max Deviation from Reference: 2Hz: 5%, 10Hz: 2%, 160Hz: REF, 1kHz: 2%, 5kHz: 5%, 7kHz: 7%, 10kHz: 15%
- Amplitude linearity: within 2% of best straight line (2000 g range)
- Design Type: Single-ended Compression Mode, mounted on a double base
- Piezoelectric Ceramic: High Temperature Piezo-Ceramic, Bismuth Titanate (PZ46)
- Top Output Connector: 10-32 NF Coax socket, mates with Microdot connector
- Dimensions: 0.72" hex, .90" height plus connector
- Weight: 1.3 oz (35 gm)
- Mounting: 10-32 internal thread, .150 inch deep
- Case: Type 316 stainless steel, Center Post Molybdenum
- Accessories: 10 ft Microdot low noise cable (3808-10) and 10-32 x 3/8 stud
- Dynamic Range: 1000 g sinusoidal, 2000 g shock
- Temperature Range: ±5%, -300ºF to +500ºF (-185ºC to 260ºC), Curie Temp 650ºC
- Base Strain Sensitivity: Equivalent .05g/µinch/inch strain, typical per ISA RP37.2
- Seal: True hermetic seal, grade A, with welded and glass-to-metal bonds
- Thermal Shock Sensitivity for 10°F Step Input: Equivalent 0.2g/°F, typical with 2 Hz. high pass filter.
- Acoustic Sensitivity: 0.1 g rms @ 100 dB broadband, typical
- Altitude: Not affected
Calibration of each accelerometer is accomplished by comparison to a NIST traceable reference. Using a UD Model APEX SL-C Digital Calibration Control System, a continuous calibration curve is plotted from 10-10,000 Hz., showing percent deviation of charge sensitivity as compared to the sensitivity measured at the 160 Hz. reference frequency.